I’ve been having serious issues with writing this year. . . last year I had over a quarter of a million words written, but this year I can barely get ten thousand a month. I could get through Camp NaNo in April.
I know I want to write. . . screw it, I need to write. I just feel like my muses went on a long vacation, and my character will not talk directly to me. They only talk when my muses are around; it’s like they need the middle man to tell their stories.
Maybe I need more or new inspiration. . .
Maybe I need a vacation (laughs).
Maybe I just need the right song. . .
Whatever it is I hope it comes back in November.
It’s crazy I have all of these ideas stuck in my head, and yet I can’t not get them out. . . it’s like they are in suspended animation. However I did notice if an idea slips out that I am usually at my busiest moment. . . always happens. (I’m trying to stay busy. . . sometimes so busy I cannot write.)
I feel like my brain is a dusty attic where the light only works when it wants to, and everything is in boxes covered with at least an inch of dust and cobwebs. I need to get inspired. . . fix the damn light and clean the dust and cobwebs. But how?
I hope my brain gets more active before and during NaNoWriMo. That is why I am writing prompts. . . on my other account http://Rebekah1213.wordpress.com
I have been going through many different personal problems. . . my boyfriend and I of eight years decided to go our own ways. We just grew apart and wanted two different things. I hope he finds what and who he is looking for and is happy. . . I am genuine in my message. We have still decided to be friends.
I am also working on a short horror story for an anthology next year.
I have so far only finished 10 out of 25 flash fiction prompts. . . I know I wanted to finish them by the 15th, but I think I will try to give to the 20th. . . Which gives me about seven days to finish 15 prompts. . . you can read them and see the pictures (which I found from the Internet.) on my other blog. . . . http://Rebekah1213.wordpress.com
The current theme is Loki (from the Thor and Avenger movies).
Next theme is Supernatural (the show and horror theme) Hopefully from Sept 20th to Oct 31st.
I am not sure about NaNoWriMo this year. . . I am in the process of moving.
Loki 25 Prompt Challenge August 14th to Sept 15th.
The stories will be posted on my personal blog http://Rebekah1213.wordpress.com
1. #This Pleases Loki
2. What is the story behind the smile
3. Tell the story in the picture
4. Loki’s sexy pout makes all of the fangirls go crazy (what makes him so irresistible?)
5. “I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burden with a glorious purpose.”
6. when the villain has more fangirls than the hero . . .
7. “So you saw The Avengers, I was adorable, right?”
8. Why is he worthy of Mjolnir?
9. Prisoner of Loki
10. Loki “Let me love you”
11. Loki: The Wicked World (What happens in it?)
12. You were made to be ruled in the end: You always kneel
13. Never has evil been green-eyed, gentle, and defenseless
14. When I go wrong?
15. “What happened to you in Valhalla?” Odin questioned (Tumblr)
16. “Art thou ready for sex?” Loki asked. . .
17. Story behind the picture
18. Story behind the picture
19. Write Loki’s first memory
20. Story behind the picture
21. Story behind the picture
22. Loki turns into a hero
23. Bondage scene (he is tied up)
24. Loki with his daughter telling a story
25. Write a story between Thor and baby brother
I have had writer’s block, so these will not be done in order, but I will mark down which prompt I am doing and each will have a picture. I may post more than one per day, and there may be more than one day in between posts. I will Link them together when I am finished.
(I know I have one more day of my 14 day challenge and I hope to finish and post it soon.)
My muses have been on vacation and this writer’s block has just really gotten to me. I know when I have writer’s block, I really do rely on prompts. Well, here are few prompts . . . maybe they can help someone get out of their writing slump.
- Worst Birthday ever (can be real or fictional)
- You were bit. . . now what? (You must say what you were bit by and what happens next)
- Death by boredom
- Seeing your favorite band
- List 5 things you believe in
- Describe how you dance (even if it is just in the kitchen when you cook or in the shower)
- Make a soundtrack for your life right now
- Describe your favorite season without tell anyone what it is
- An average day
- What would your ideal world be like?